360 N. Michigan Ave.
This beautiful curved building was constructed in 1923 and designed by Alfred S. Alschuler for the London Guarantee and Accident Company North American headquarters. It sits on one of the four prominent corners of the Michigan Ave./DuSable bridge. Chicago was the largest intercoastal shipping port in the late 19th century. The domed temple on the top of the building is called a belvedere and was designed to command a beautiful view. The beaux art classical design draws from Daniel Burnham's vision of making Chicago "Paris on the Prairie".